When we plan out our engagement and portrait sessions with our couples, we go over all of the details, their needs/wants and what they like/don’t like. Here are our 5 steps to the perfect session:
1) Give us a good idea as to the “mood” that you would like for your images – Do you like romantic images in the tall grass? Nature? Waterfalls? Urban? Grunge?
2) Provide suggestions for locations, quoting our previous sessions (from our blog), and leave specifics up to our creative freedom
3) Plan your outfits from head-to-toe
4) Be okay with smooching and being all cute with your sweetheart in front of the camera
5) Be ready to LAUGH and have some fun!
Tammy and Alvin pass all of these “criteria” with flying colours. They had what we call a “textbook session”.
1) They told us that they wanted “different, grungy” and then “tall long grass, beautiful sunset”
2) They suggested a location that they had seen on our blog, but then said “the rest is up to you”
3) They had 3 color-coordinating outfits planned, along with accessories. Tammy even did her toe-nails to match (she took the “head-to-toe” thing literally – perfect!).
4) and 5) I think that the following images show that they are both a) totally in love and b) a total blast to hang out with!